Unhandled COM exception at puma.interop.RecognitionClass.Load()

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Hi,

First of all, thank you for sharing your project with the community :)

I'm writing an application that iterates through a folder, loads 1 bitmap at a time in order to OCR its contents, then does some content search, and finally saves metadata to a database.

Everything works fine on the first file. Puma loads it, OCRs and I do my searching as designed, and update the db accordingly.  Once I move to the next file and pass its url to the PumaPage constructor, I get the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
  Message="<0x00000000>: ?????? ???."
  Source="Cognitive.Tiger"
  ErrorCode=-2147352567
  StackTrace:
       at puma.interop.RecognitionClass.Load()
       at Puma.Net.PumaPage..ctor()
       at Puma.Net.PumaPage..ctor(Bitmap bitmap)
       blah blah

I found that all temporary files seem to be created properly in c:/windows/temp during the first pass:

tmpXXX.tmp
CT666666.CTB
CT666666.IND
PAGE666666.CTB
PAGE666666.IND

On the second pass, a new .tmp file is created and then the code throws the exception shown above.

Permissions seem to be right and I've tried different file combinations to ensure the source bitmaps are ok and that seems fine as well.  Using XP Pro. Any ideas?

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:51 AM

You're welcome.

It was reported that Puma.NET changes current directory after each recognition. Besides you may try to turn on security audits and look through event log for any issues regarding Puma access. Also try sysinternals Procmonitor to track which files are accessed. Get back with more data on the issues, now it's hard for me to say anything else.

May 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Hi

Can you please tell me what permissions you have set and to which folder? I'm having a problem with the constructor too, in a web application. Thanks for you help in advance.

Regards,

Cosmin

Sep 8, 2011 at 5:05 AM

hello iam venkat, 

iam using Puma.net dll in clr stored procedure. Everything is working fine, but when iam applying puma to recognize the text in Bitmap file, iam getting "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at spretrieve Stored procedure". That is iam getting error in recognition of text in Bitmap.............can anyone help for this problem iam getting outofBounds with this error.............iam seeking help for this problem from anyone..........