error in PumaPage constructor: "The Puma.NET" library not load.

May 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Hello,

I'm using Puma.NET in an Asp.NET 4.0 web application on Windows XP SP3. I managed once to solve this, but I just can't figure out what settings were at that time.

I installed the msi, added apuma.dll into registry, added Puma.Net.dll and puma.interop.dll in GAC, gave full-access permissions to Everyone in DCOM Component Services and to the Puma.NET folder in Program Files, but the error is still there. What permissions and where should I set also? Please help me, I'm going to be in a delicate situation because I can't deploy the application on the server. Thanks.

Regards,

Cosmin

Coordinator
May 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Cosmin,

I really want to help you but the error description is not informative. Can you give at least exception details with stack trace etc. Maybe some code snippet. Now I'm looking at PumaPage constructor and don't see any place that can throw exception with 'Puma.NET' in message body. Looks like something in infrastructure (Windows, .NET etc.) throws it.

Give me some screenshots with error at least...

Coordinator
May 31, 2010 at 6:51 AM

The problem was wit incorrect COM server registration. The path was invalid during registration.