blocked on PumaPage.RecognizeToString()

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I tried to develop an application for read much images and find strings on pages.
I changed my app because after 50 tiff images Puma give me errors, so I developed 1 call for 1 tiff images, reading everytime all settings and cycling this methods for every image:

• SettingEngine(PumaPage)
  • PumaPage.LoadImage(img)
  • Txt = PumaPage.RecognizeToString()
  • PumaPage.Dispose()

unfortunately I receive a block on PumaPage.RecognizeToString() and I cant do nothing, because the pointer is blocked on that action, without go ahead and without give me errors.

What can I do?

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I add -

this code works fine for many tiffs, but sometimes (I dont know why, the tiff image is correct and its about 45 kb) its locked on that code.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
A lot of time passed, but not much info is on the Internet about Puma.Net. This is why I reply. Hope this helps to some misterious stranger.

As for me, Puma.Net worked fine on MSVS 2010 C# with Windows 7 x64, all I had to do is to set build to x86 cpu, set .Net Framework to 2.0, launch program with administrator rights.

As for this post, I think problem is that djpula forgot to write: PumaPage pumaPage = new PumaPage();

Also, I want to mention a problem, that after you use pumaPage.Dispose() you will have to create new pumaPage object. This is maybe stupid, but I lost few hours.