Deploy in GAC?

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hi!

In documantation pointed that Puma.Net.dll is strongly-named and could be added in GAC. I can add it in GAC but can not add reference in my project. In "add reference"-> .NET tab I can't see it. 

In my project I'm writing dll, that lays in GAC, so I can add reference to Puma.Net.dll from another location, not GAC, but my code doesn't work and I see this error: 

: Could not load file or assembly 'Puma.Net, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5e8cf038eac46fae' or one of its dependencies. 

 

How can add this DLL and let my projhect know that it is installed?

 

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM

The '.NET' tab in the 'Add reference' dialog doesn't show all GAC assemblies. Try referencing the assembly using 'Browse' tab and 'C:\Windows\Assembly' folder.

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2011 at 12:55 PM

MaximSaplin , thanks for reply. Yes I tried to add reference using C:\Windows\assembly, but it doesnt work(in can see only DLL files, but in GAC folder there is something else)

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Ok, may I ask another question

Does this product Puma.Net applicable for console utilities(in my case there is dll)? Should I create a console tool and call it from my dll, like You recommend in another thread?

Or I can try to call it from my DLL library directly.

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:54 PM

You can reference Puma.NET assembly directly and use PumaPage class for recognition, That's how the sample application works.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Yes, it works. In *.exe(console application).

But in my i call it from my DLL library, that lays in GAC. And it doesn't see puma.net.dll..

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I think you should start with CAS troubleshooting. Try using AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute Class in your assembly.

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Hi MaximSaplin!

Thank You for Your support!

I resolved, my problem was about x86 and x64. My project is x64, and I couldn't use Puma code in x64 project. So I created external module compiled in x86 mode, and it succesfully interacts with my base x64 application.