Recognition failes when using the sample project

Feb 3, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hello,

I've download the msi and installed it.

ran the project from VS .2008

GUI opens fine and I upload a bmp file which I created with winword (font size 48... letter are large...)-> printscreen -> saved through mspaint only the text area of the printscreen.

When I hit recognize I get the following error pointing to this line of code:

code line:  pumaPage.RecognizeToFile(imageViewer.FileName);

Exception detail:

Puma.Net.RecognitionEngineException was unhandled
  Message="Recognition engine halted with code:0"
  Source="Puma.Net"
  ErrorCode=0
  StackTrace:
       at Puma.Net.PumaPage.RecognizeToFile(String fileName, PumaFileFormat format)
       at Puma.Net.PumaPage.RecognizeToFile(String fileName)
       at Puma.Net.Sample.MainForm.recognizeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\Puma.NET\Sample\MainForm.cs:line 94
       at Puma.Net.Sample.ImageViewer.recognizeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\Puma.NET\Sample\ImageViewer.cs:line 217
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at Puma.Net.Sample.Program.Main() in C:\Program Files\Puma.NET\Sample\Program.cs:line 41
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

This error generally means that the recognition engine doesn't 'it' the image it gets. Could you please provide me with the sample image so I could also check the behaviour of the program.