Managed Bitmap to DIB conversion error

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I am facing following error while running the sample x86 project.

Puma.Net.PumaException was caught
  Message="Managed Bitmap  to DIB conversion error"
  Source="Puma.Net"
  StackTrace:
       at Puma.Net.PumaPage.RecognizeToFile(String fileName, PumaFileFormat format) in Z:\Projects\Diploma\Puma.Net\Puma.Net\PumaPage.cs:line 556
       at Puma.Net.PumaPage.RecognizeToFile(String fileName) in Z:\Projects\Diploma\Puma.Net\Puma.Net\PumaPage.cs:line 496
       at Puma.Net.Sample.MainForm.recognizeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\Puma.NET\Sample\MainForm.cs:line 96
  InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException
       Message="Unable to load DLL 'dibapi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"
       Source="Puma.Net"
       TypeName=""
       StackTrace:
            at Puma.Net.PumaPage.BitmapToDIB(IntPtr hBitmap, IntPtr hPallete)
            at Puma.Net.PumaPage.RecognizeToFile(String fileName, PumaFileFormat format) in Z:\Projects\Diploma\Puma.Net\Puma.Net\PumaPage.cs:line 552
       InnerException:

This error is occuring when i clicking recognizeButton button code lines are bellow where it is occuring.

private void recognizeButton_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            SynchronizePumaPage();
            pumaPage.RecognizeToFile(imageViewer.FileName);

imageViewer.Recognized = true;
            imageViewer.SetProgress(100);
        }

Please help me i am stucked here.

Thanx

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2010 at 12:38 PM

>> InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException
>>       Message="Unable to load DLL 'dibapi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

Please check that 'dibapi.dll' is in the same folder as the the executable. You may also put it into 'Windows\System32' folder and don't bother about putting it to the output folder (which is different for different Build configurations) - in case you work with source codes or your own project. If that's not the reason than please describe me in details what your are doing and which system configuration you're using (32/64 bit, user permissions etc.)